Sulby Gardens


Sulby Gardens originally comprised the gardener’s cottage, walled kitchen garden and orchard for Sulby Hall, a minor stately home designed in 1792 by Sir John Soane, and demolished in the early 1950s.

Over the years extra parcels of adjoining land were purchased until now the total area covers 12 acres, including a wetland, arable land which were turned into wildflower meadows, a four acre wood and a late 18th century icehouse which has now been restored.

This booklet is the story of Sulby Gardens and all profits from sales are given to a variety of charities.

The booklet is available from the Gardens, which is open with the National Gardens Scheme and from the newsagent in Welford.